Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2 weeks back

It has been 2 weeks since we left Haiti, and I can’t believe it. It feels like it has been a lot longer. I really enjoy the daily reminders I get though, from other team members about what we experienced together. I love how we are all closer now, and even though most of us are from different social groups, we all say hi to each other in the halls. I definitely enjoyed getting to know all the team members during the trip, and I hope some of these friendships will last a long time.
One thing I would like to say about life after Haiti is how my perspective has changed. I think I am less concerned about material things, and I feel much closer to God. I think I am more easy-going as well.
I would recommend going on a mission trip to everyone who’s reading this. Whether you go to Haiti or not, or someplace far away or close by it doesn’t matter. Mission trips are really fun and it’s great to improve people’s lives, or at least brighten their day.
~Micaela

No comments:

Post a Comment