Wednesday, February 15, 2012

24 Days


I am soo excited, I have already packed, and am so excited that I think my family gets tired of hearing me talk about it.

Mr. Kampius told me that when I get back that you will never be the same. At first I thought okay ya for a while I am going to be different, but then I started thinking about it and realized he is right. There will always be memories of what I saw and what I did in Haiti. I will always see the orphanage kids in my head, but I'm okay with that. I want to remember this trip for the rest of my life. I dont want it to just be a spiritual high, I want it to last forever. I want it to change my life in ways I can not imagine. I want this trip to change my life, everyone on this team lives, and the people we see. when we get down there it will be amazing to see the smile on the kids face, or when we bring clothes, soccer equipment, medication, and know that they will appericate what we give them.

When we were told that this trip was happening I was sooo excited, and felt that God had His hand in picking the team members. I thought I was meant to go because when the earthquake hit I was in Dominican having lots of fun. I didnt even know an earthquake hit until someone told us. I thought that wow there are thousands of people lost and confused, and here I am just on the other side of the island and I didn't feel a thing. How is this fair? How could God let that happen? I thought all these things, and then realized God has a plan for everyone. God has a plan for all the people in Haiti and He has a plan for everyone going on this trip. Its going to change our lives.

-Sabrina Miedema

No comments:

Post a Comment