Sunday, February 12, 2012

27 Days

Twenty seven days to go. In September, I couldn't imagine I'd being saying  that. In twenty seven days, we'll  be waking up in the we hours to load onto a plane. In twenty seven days, we'll be so excited, nervous, and restless, that are bodies will no longer understand what it means to sit still. In twenty seven days we'll have crossed North America and land in a little country called Haiti. In twenty seven days, we'll be driving through the streets of Haiti to a certain place... a place of hope. In twenty seven days are lives will be ruined, yet in the best way possible. In twenty seven days, all our adventure will be in action. Scary isn't it?
               It's amazing to see how God's been at work throughout all this. Without a doubt, Teagan was placed in our History class for a reason. God had this whole trip planned out before we'd even met her. Stop and think about it...How awesome is that? It's been quite a journey getting to this point, I must admit. Personally, at times it was stressful, scary, tiring, but that is nothing compared to the excitement and blessing He's poured out on us because of our obedience to His call. Specifically, He's had His hand on the planning for my Fundraising Concert on the 18th. All the bands, venue, food, helping-hands, and organizers have been amazingly provided. Surprisingly, everything has run smoothly and according to plan thus far.
                 The more work and planning we put it to this trip, the more I'm assured that we are doing the right thing, that it's God's will. Our team is fantastic, each with unique gifts, talents and attributes they bring to the group. God has called each of us to this mission, without a doubt and I'm excited to continue discovering why.
                I've come to understand that as we are walking in obedience with Christ and doing works through and for Him, the enemy does everything he can to stop us. I want to leave you with the assurance that he will not prevail. God has already won. I want to end off with a passage that really helped me through the stressful times when I felt I just couldn't do much more.



   Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
- Matthew 11:28-30

He will take the burden and get you through. Every time.

We hope this trip will lead to bigger things, more support for Haiti in the future. We're surrendering ourselves and trust our Father fully, to allow Him to work through us.
I have not even been to Haiti yet, and already Haiti has already won my heart. I cannot wait for this experience!



Blessings,
Kathryn van Wyngaarden.


     I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.   
- John 15

Ps.
As for the fundraiser I mentioned,
It will be on February 18th from 4-11pm, at the Dunsdon Legion on 9 Tolgate Rd, in Brantford.
$12 to get in and there will be food for sale and music and entertainment all evening.
Everyone is welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment