Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3 Days!


Wow I can’t believe it, our trip has almost arrived. I can still remember sitting in history class watching the slide show that Teagan put together. That slide show touched my heart so much that I knew from then and there we had to do something to help those children. That’s when Mr. K came up with the idea of getting a team together to go down to Haiti. 
This was going to be a tough challenge because we were on a very strict time limit to get this whole trip organized. But we had the Lord in our hands and he helped us through this time.

When Mr. K told us there was only 13 people that could go my heart skipped a beat and I began to worry I wouldn’t get to go. I put my name down on the list and hoped and prayed that I would get on. A couple weeks later I got an email saying I made it on the team. I couldn’t have been happier my life was just about to change forever.

As the days went on I started to wonder what if God didn’t want me on this team. What if I made a mistake and took someone else’s opportunity? But those worries eventually left me especially after the retreat we had. I then knew from there I was meant to be on this team and God had something planned for me. We were all put on this team for a reason and don’t forget that guys.

I am so pumped for this trip and can’t wait to change the people’s lives down there but not just theirs mine as well.

God bless you all,

-Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment