Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Haiti is super cool beans

It seems so unreal that we’ve been back from our Haiti trip for over a week. When I look back at our time spent in Haiti, everything seems to be so vivid and feels like it was just a couple days ago.

I would just like to say that I am so pleased and thankful that I had this amazing opportunity. I’d
say it was one of those experiences where God put you there for a reason. I am so glad that despite all the bad things we’ve heard about Haiti, we decided to go anyways. We get to share with others that no matter how much poverty or devastation that this nation faces, there is still beauty within the brokenness. There is a definite sense of hope and perseverance inside the souls of Haitians. I have the feeling that God is shaking up Haiti with a whole bunch of hope and love.

I miss you, Haiti. Hopefully I will return sometime soon.

-Colette Schotsman


No comments:

Post a Comment