Monday, March 5, 2012

4 MORE DAYS!!

It is unbelievable to me that in less than 4 full days I will be on a plane on my way to Haiti. I am so excited to go to Haiti and have an amazing opportunity to spread God’s love to people in need.

It is amazing to look at how this trip started and was planned in such a short time. When you look at how smoothly the planning for this trip has gone, it is easy to see God’s presence in this trip.

Many people have been asking me if I’m scared to go to a place so far away, a place so full of poverty, but to be honest, I’m really not. I will say that I am a little anxious about packing. We were blessed with so many donations that it may be hard to fit them all into suitcases.

I really hope this trip will be successful, and I hope that our team will not only make a physical difference in these people’s lives, but also an emotional difference. I hope to leave a lasting impression of love in these people’s hearts. The Haitian people have suffered a lot in the past years, not only from the earthquake, but also from hurricanes and other terrible disasters. It puts me in awe at how much little (physically) most Haitians have, and yet they have so much joy and hope in their lives. These people are so dependent on God. Even though they have suffered so much, they still trust God and rely on Him full heartedly.

I can’t wait to spend time with this awesome team and do God’s work.

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ ~ Mathew 25:40

Micaela De Jong

Ps. These are our two theme songs:

I Will Go - Starfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nRATH_g2W4

Follow You – Leeland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajIFfSaEzE

No comments:

Post a Comment