Saturday, March 3, 2012

6 Days


     Well it's my turn to blog today so from the time I learned that I was going to Haiti from now has been very busy getting everything together. I even doubted myself that I wouldn't be able to get something out of this. To be honest I just wanted to go there for the warmth, and possibly learn something from this trip, but then when I went to the retreat at the van der Mark's I realized that I was going on this trip for the WRONG REASONS! And this made me think if I even should go, or if it was God's will for me to go on this trip. It was at the retreat that made me STOP AND THINK about how God has worked through my life to be here and that He wanted me to be here, and how amazing that it makes you feel that you belong because, honestly I've had some really tough times.
      
          So anyway back on the topic that the Haiti trip is only ONE WEEK AWAY! The whole Haiti team went to Jill deBoer's house for a packing party! So There were about ten or eleven big, full boxes of donations, and once we divided and counted all of the items we had to load them. Now all of the suitcases that we'd all brought were HUGE! but they had to be under 50 pounds! And there was a lot of donations! And when the party was over we managed to pack all of the suitcases full (and under 50 pounds) without leaving any item left behind!! That just showed me and everyone else that that was a miracle in of itself that God just showed us that we were meant to be on this trip and that we were ment to meet eachother, and get to know all of us! I myself even learned more about everyone, and myself! And thankfully I'm so excited and blessed to go on this trip, and I know now that I belong.
              
 - Melissa Janssens

No comments:

Post a Comment