Sunday, March 18, 2012

Last Night in Haiti! :(

This week in Haiti has been amazing! I met so many wonderful people from the other teams that were here as well as got to know everyone on our team. I have grown so much closer to God. I feel like I depend on Him much more now. Throughout this week I have seen that God is EVERYWHERE even though sometimes it might be hard to see it.

I am excited to be going home as well as sad to have to leave this beautiful country. Haiti is an amazing place and it is easy to see that God is working in this land. I can't wait until I can come back here again. Many people will tell you all of the reasons why you should NOT come to Haiti. But there are so many more reasons why you SHOULD come to Haiti.

Everything that we did this week, every village we visited, every person we talked to, every child we played with, no matter what we were doing, it was clear to see that God was working through everyone on this team. (As well as the translators and our Hope rep.) I have enjoyed my time here in Haiti. I loved going to the different villages and meeting all the kids. I loved playing games with the kids and trying to convince them that I can't dance. I loved going to paint the houses (as well as some people). But most of all, I loved getting to know God better.

I have learned a lot over the past 10 days. One of the things that I learned is that paint does not taste good. Also, that it's fun to paint people! But mostly that no matter how little you have, you have everything if you have God's love. All you need is someone that loves you. 

I am really looking forward to seeing how much I really have changed, and seeing how I can use what I learned here in my normal every day life. I am also looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. Also, I am excited to see how tanned I am compared to my friends and family. But most of all I am looking forward to being home with my family.

~Sam Huisman

P.S. Never forget that there is someone, somewhere who loves you and wants the world for you. Jesus loves you and so do I! 

No comments:

Post a Comment