Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Adventure so Far

Well it's my turn to blog!!! Well a lot has happened to me and the others in HAITI!!! :D We've painted a house (including ourselves in the process ;)) We've learned how to understand, AND talk to the children in Creole which is totally a blessing and a miracle at the SAME TIME!! :D And finally we've all learned how to listen to God and how He communicates with us. For example, I've learned that God speaks to me through pictures, and nature all around me. It's almost like the stars are His eyes and that He loves just to look down at us from up above, and look at His creation with the never ending love that He has! :) I've also learned how to keep away those temptations that Satan is trying to make me think, and I've just got to say no to Satan and stand at God's right hand and give my life up to Him. I've also learned to be thankful for what I have, and that EVERYTHING that I have is a blessing so I shouldn't be angry that I don't have the latest ipod or that I don't have the nicest phone, but with God as my rock and Savior, He can provide for me and I should be thankful that God has provided me with so much. 

But it wasn't just the spiritual adventure that I've been on. I've also been meeting new friends from Iowa, California, Florida, Texas, Arkansas, and many others (mostly from the States) I've also met, and talked with a lot of other kids in the villages near Mission of Hope (M.O.H). It's been awesome trip so far! 

So I know that you guys are itching to know what happened today (or maybe some of you already read the blog from Leanne, but what ever! :D) 
So today we went to a village near Mission of Hope called Abraham. In the town we separated into three groups, and we got to walk around this village and pray for some of the people there. Then after lunch we got to go to another village that we saw on Sunday called Leveque. There we cheered on a soccer game. It was an interesting game because there were deaf people playing, and it was cool that even though that they're kinda different we can still have fun and treat everyone equally(and instead of cheering we got to do JAZZ HANDS!! :D I also talked (or tried to talk) with some of the kids, and at the end of the soccer game we prayed, and sang a song with everyone that played in the game, and all the groups that were there. It was a pretty big circle!! :D So I'm having so much fun here in Haiti, and tomorrow is the mid- point of our adventure, and tomorrow we're probably painting a house, or doing some construction. 
Blessings to everyone!

        - Melissa Janssens

p.s-  Everyone is LOVING the after burn that I brought :D

3 comments:

  1. We really look forward to the blogs every night...and are patiently waiting for Regan to say something!! We miss her around here but hope she is having an amazing time with you all!! Enjoy every day and know you are in our thoughts and prayers...and tell Monica that it is very warm in Canada, today it was 17 degrees!! Regan's mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying this blog site. I am glad you are having a good time there and seeing how others live. We miss you and we will see you in a few days. Have fun! We have snow on the ground here and it was 15 degrees yesterday. Melissa's (currently in Thunder Bay)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melissa
    Hope your having a fun time in Haiti.We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Lots of love from Melissa's mom

    ReplyDelete