Sunday, March 4, 2012

4 Days

When I first heard Teagan speak about Haiti I knew that something big would come out of her presentation. I really felt like I would become part of something that was amazing. Mr. K (our history teacher) asked Teagan to start a mission trip to Haiti and I knew that second that I wanted to go on the mission trip. So I prayed and asked God if it was the trip for me, and I knew it was because he increased my longing to go to Haiti. 
Soon after that I got an email that said I was accepted to go on the Haiti trip. I still can’t express the joy in my heart when I read those words. Ever since then I have constantly become more and more excited about going to Haiti. 
The past few months I have been thinking about why God is sending me to Haiti and I feel like he is sending me there to not only help the people of Haiti, but to tell them of his amazing love and grace. 
A few weeks ago I received a letter from an old family friend that has adopted two children from Haiti, and it said to find the beauty in Haiti, not the ugly. I was so empowered by that because it means that just because there is a lot of pain in Haiti, does not mean that there isn’t beauty. God has used this many times throughout the Bible. He found so much beauty in places where most people thought were dirty and not a good place to be in. 
The trip is less than a week away and I am so excited to go to Haiti and do what God has told me to do there in the best way the shows his love towards his people. Finally I want to thank Teagan for coming to HDCH and making this trip happen. You have given me a huge chance to see what God is doing in Haiti.
God bless,
Kenton Van Pelt

No comments:

Post a Comment