Wednesday, March 28, 2012

not really sure what to title this, but here it is...

So having lived in Haiti, at Mission of Hope, for 3 years, I was always used to the Haitian side of things. Teams came and went, and that was normal. There were some really good teams, and some kind of annoying teams. That's just the way it was. I was used to all the preparation that it took for the Mission to be able to have teams come down. The Guesthouse had to be clean, there had to be new food and pop brought in, the trucks and buses needed to be booked, the translators had to be called. All of this was normal for me. So for me to actually go back to Mission of Hope ON a team, and see the other side of things, was a whole new experience. It was cool to actually go through that journey with everyone, to actually see what it was like to be a part of all those people that go down to Haiti.

In my opinion the trip went very well! Sure we had a couple rough spots, but thats completely normal. We all got along quite good, and we were able to interact well with the Haitian people. I don't think we were an "annoying" team (and trust me i've seen a few), so thats good. Another thing is that I think that we were also the youngest overall team to come down to the Mission of Hope, there have been some other Highschool teams but they have been mostly mixed age groups. I don't think there have been other teams with Grade 10s and only Grade 10s. 

I hope that God will use our team to spread the word that Haiti is a wonderful, beautiful country, and even though it struggles with poverty, we could learn a thing or two from the Haitians. They are so friendly and happy all the time, and the kids are always running around with smiles on their faces even though they may not have pants or shoes on. Lemme just say that it was a pretty amazing trip, and I am so happy that I got to be a part of it.

-Teagan

No comments:

Post a Comment